Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the ragman cometh

When I was about 8 or 9, my Mom dropped the three of us off, me and two of my brothers Rob and Scott at the base theater for the kid's Saturday matinee. They were showing "Nutcracker Fantasy", which seemed harmless enough by the title and pictures on the movie poster. Of course then there wasn't much of a way to really find out much about a movie unless it was through word of mouth or a review written in the paper as there was no internet, but like I said, the pictures on the movie poster looked like a fun kids film. My poor mother had no idea that this movie was going to scare the heck out of us. And boy did it ever. I remember hating every minute of that movie and wishing I had never come there. It was so darn scary. Seriously, it took me years before I could go to sleep without worrying about "the Ragman" peering into my window to find we awake late at night so he could zap me into a mouse and take me away in his bag of rags. So imagine my surprise when I find this clip on You Tube with the first few minutes of the movie. And Heidi, I think that this is the perfect opportunity for liberal usage of the word "sissy".


No comments: