Tuesday, November 17, 2009

and on the twelfth day…

Well, this is it. This is the cut. And it has almost completely healed, with only a bit of redness and a tiny little bit of a scab. Sorry, I know, scab is kind of a gross word, but it was all I could think of. Anyways, I have total use and functionality of my hand and can use it pretty much as I normally would, with only a tiny twinge here and there depending on how I twist it. But I can't grip things with full strength, I can't lean on my hand and put any large degree of weight on it without it really hurting, I have a weaker grasp than before, and there is tenderness in some areas of my palm and upper wrist when pressure is placed on it, but my hand feels totally normal. In fact I have forgotten many times that I even have a healing hand much of the time, it has been very easy to forget which is so odd to me, but good nonetheless. Turning doorknobs is not as mindless as it once was and neither is opening jars and twisting things open, but none of it is painful either. My grip is just not what is used to be, but I am working on it and every day I notice that I have more and more strength than before. Again, no regrets. And I know, you're wondering why there was so much bandaging after the surgery, all for the sake of that one little cut. I have no idea.


No comments: