Saturday, November 7, 2009

day 2

I am writing about the boring aspects of my carpal tunnel surgery/recovery because I have other fmaily members that will likely go through this same surgery in the coming years, and I thought this was a good reference foir them in future. As well as to track how fast I am able to regain certain functions and abilities of my hand as it heals.


The numbness in my entire hand has faded now, and I can feel a slight twinge every once in a while if I accidentally move my hand or fingers a certain way, but still no serious pain. My understanding is that the pain would not come from the tiny cut from the laproscope, but from the nerve that was severed. The grogginess from the anesthesia on friday has totally worn off and I woke up this morning feeling alert and refreshed. Although I am getting frustrated at not being able to do even the most simple tasks for myself, like dressing and undressing myself without major help. Eating is not too bad, but I was no help tonight in bathing the kids and getting them into bed. Everything has fallen to Craig, he is taking on everything. I feel so useless. And frustrated. But even tonight, as I type this with my left hand, my right hand still feels fine, with only a dull ache at the bottom of my palm and down my wrist. I still have not filled the pain meds scrip the dr. gave me afterwards, and I am still hopeful it stays that way. No pain is a good thing. I still have not taken the bandage off, and my wrist feels very itchy right now, and my hand is not as swollen as it was yesterday. All good signs. And I really need to figure out a way to get a shower. Not allowed to get the bandage wet, so I am going to have to get creative I am sure.

No comments: