Tuesday, January 19, 2010

umm, now what?

I did go ahead and stitch the quilt top together yesterday. It's 71" wide and 82" long. All imperfect seam matching aside (seam matching perfection is something I decided did not merit any stress on this particular project, so I just let things work out as they may), I love how it turned out.


 



So here is my dilemma. I am unsure as to whether or not I should add borders on the sides and top of the quilt and then back and bind it, or if I should just leave the top as-is and just back and bind that way. And if I do add borders, should I use plain white fabric? Solid Black? Or a print? A simple print or bold and busy?

And in case this helps give you some idea, here is the small crib quilt in I made using the same fabrics, and I added the border using a large polka dot print and bound the edges in black with tiny white polka dots. I know, that's a lot of dots.


 


Tell me what you think, I want to hear it. Meanwhile, I'm going to be in my sewing room trying out all of these scenarios to see if I can make some headway.

No comments: