Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Random Bits Of Information

-I hate cucumbers and most varieties of squash with every fiber of my being, except for zucchini and yellow squash.
-at our house, my children refer to all cereal as “bees”
-I don’t even attempt to potty train my children until after they turn 3. But it only takes me one week and they’re done and out of diapers.
-I wasn’t an American citizen until I was 22. I even had to study for and take the test, and was then sworn in as an American Citizen.
-Craig was a witness in a murder trial, but the defendant took a plea bargain so he never had to testify.
-two of my favorite movies, ever, are Braveheart and Gladiator (edited), I cry everytime. To me, these movies are romantic.
-I used to squeeze myself into my little sisters ballerina outfit (it was way too small for me) and make up “dances”, and while showing my Dad my “dance routine”, twirled into a cabinet door and knocked myself out cold.
-I watch cartoons even when my children are nowhere around.
-I hated the move “Ghost”, mocked it, and don’t think it’s romantic in any way.
-I made several of my siblings nearly suffer heat stroke in the back of our family station wagon one summer at Yellowstone Park because I didn’t want to open my window to circulate some cooler air for them. I claimed it was because it would dry out my contacts, but the truth was I didn’t want to mess up my hair.
-I didn’t wear maternity clothes with my first three pregnancies because I wasn’t big enough and they looked absolutely ridiculous on me.That all ended with baby #4.
-Craig used to be an E.M.T.
-My parents first kiss was the night they got engaged.
-I used to have recurring dreams when I was a little girl that I was the real Wonder Woman
-my favorite name for a little girl is ”Jemima”, but it would never work here in the States (it’s widely used in England). Nevertheless, if Craig had let me I still would have used it, but he said “no way”.
-Craig and I eloped and were married for several weeks before we told anyone. And we wouldn’t have told anyone for a while longer, then we discovered I was pregnant.


-I love the movie “The Bodyguard” and the song “I will Always Love You” and I’m not really sure why.

-I have been hit by a car twice while riding my bike and came away both times with just bruises and a mangled bike (I was 13 & 14). I have never ridden a bike since then, even after my parents bought me another one right after for Christmas. I never touched it.
-The only car accident I have ever been in was one block from my house. I had Heidi and my two oldest children (2 & 4 at the time) in the car with me, and I was not at fault. A girl blew through the yield sign at the intersection and hit our car so hard it flipped us on our side and turned us to face the way we had just come from. We walked away with only a few bruises.
-I’m deathly afraid of any and all spiders. I can’t even look at or touch pictures of them in the science and nature books my kids bring home from school from time to time.
-I really hate apple juice, and yet my family serves it at every single family dinner we have. And for some reason I drink it, hating it the entire time, but still drink it.

No comments: