Wednesday, October 28, 2009

redwork

I have long admired Redwork embroidery, it's just so simple and beautiful. I have been wanting to do some myself for a while now, but I have been putting it off until my right hand is free of this lame Carpal Tunnel syndrome so that I can embroider my little heart out. (I am so close to that reality.)


 


(pic from thelongthread.com)


So when I saw this on Whip Up, you can imagine how much fun I had poring over every single block and soaking up every gorgeous detail of each square from 'The Quilt Project'. It turned out beautifully, with each square so different, yet the simple red and white colors bringing it all together into one gorgeous piece of collective work. Seriously cool stuff.


 


 I have been collecting random drawings and artwork from my smaller children recently in hopes of turning their pictures into squares that I can then work into Redwork and piece into a quilt or something in that vein. I''m a long ways from being ready to really start, but I am so excited that I am on my way. I love a fun project, especially one that can go with me anywhere in the house so I can curl up on the couch and I work on it as I enjoy some of my favorite movies as I embroider. I have watched Persuasion and Pride & Prejudice at least 5 times this week alone as I have been sewing, and I'm still not tired of watching either of them yet. I need to add Sense& Sensibility to the rotation just to make sure I am fully dosed on Jane Austen before I have surgery on my hand. Do you have a favorite movie to sew or craft to?

No comments: