Saturday, October 3, 2009

the end is in sight


Craig and I started in on the apples yesterday, and my sister Heidi and my Mom came out to help. We got a lot accomplished, for which I am very grateful. When all was said and done we ended up with:


12 quarts of apple juice,



16 quarts of applesauce,


 


3 pints of pears,



8 jelly jars of plum jam,


 


and 22 pints of strawberry lemonade concentrate.



I'm sorry if all of this canning talk is wearing on you. I have such a bad memory about this kind of stuff, so I post it here so that I can easily go back and re-read it. Otherwise I won't remember a single thing, I swear, and I will need this to reference come next years canning adventures. The good news is that we are very close to being done for the year, so you won't have to wade through this much longer.  And while I have enjoyed all of this,  I will also be very happy to put everything away and reclaim my kitchen counters once again. How is a girl supposed to be baking bread when her counters are covered with canning jars? Well, she can't. And the biggest reliazation I had from all of this? I could never have done it alone. I needed all of the help I got, it made it fun, everything went that much faster and we got so much more done. So thank you!

No comments: