Saturday, August 15, 2009

skip the chocolate chips and head straight for the chocolate frosting


I hauled 6 of my kids with me to my Mom's once again so that Craig could finish tiling the floor in the laundry room in some semblance of peace. I arrived bearing two giant baskets filled with a bounty of yellow squash and zucchini from my garden. Since I have no way to cook it or use it up fast enough right now, I have been giving it away to anyone unlucky enough to come withing squash tossing distance of me. My mom was just that unlucky person. With all of that zucchini at our fingertips, Heidi and I set about making a veritable zucchini carnival in the kitchen. First we made the 'Chocolate Zucchini Cake', then we made 'Soft Zucchini Cookies', and for dinner we made 'Zucchini Casserole'. See? I told you. Total zucchini mania. Now, when I made the 'Chocolate Zucchini Cake' before, I topped it with the chocolate chips and nuts as directed in the recipe, which I thought was very tasty. But when we made the cake this time I asked Heidi to make her delicious chocolate frosting instead, which she did, and she frosted the cake with that. Well, let me just say that I will not be bothering with those lame chocolate chips and nuts again, because the chocolate frosting is where. it's. at. Hands down. Bar none. Uber alles. No competition. The frosting is the the only way to go. Just in case you're wondering that is. And Hedi shredded and sliced a ton of the zucchini and yellow squash for my mom to put in her freezer for later, so she is set for more zucchini love any time she gets a notion. Although after today, she just might be all zucchinied out.

No comments: