Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Closer Than I Thought

I went to the Dr. again today since I am down to weekly visits, and I was a little surprised to find out that I am dilated 2 cm already. My Dr. was not happy about it, and while he did say I’m close enough that it would be OK to have the baby, he really wants to get me one week further along before anything happens. He kept telling me that the baby is “right there” and that I will be having a very fast delivery. When I told him I know, I always have fast deliveries, he said “No, I mean REALLY fast”. Ok, duly noted. I think it’s funny when your Dr is more anxious about the whole thing than you are. I kept telling him I won’t be going into labor this next week, I promise. I don’t know if he believed me or not, but I will be seeing him again next Tuesday, and he said then we will make a final decision about when this baby will be arriving. I have been contracting like crazy, but I just don’t feel like it’s time yet, and the baby sounded great, and everything else was fine, so I don’t feel like I have to worry about it, that isn’t going to help. Well ok, I am a little stressed about the fact that this baby may be arriving even sooner than I thought, and I want to sew a bit more if I can, but I really am ready to be done with all of the hip and joint pain, the contractions, and acid reflux. Those I can do without. So onward we go, and I am getting more and more excited each day, as we draw closer to the end. I can’t believe this pregnancy will be over so soon, it just doesn’t seem real sometimes that we are going to have a new little family member. I just can’t wait to hold this baby!

No comments: