Tuesday, October 9, 2012

KCWC #2 Re-purposed Baby Dress

Well, my 'KCWC' project time has been cut short, it seems I am needed as a mother more than a seamstress tonight so my plans were shortened and I was only able to finish this.
I had a great little tiered denim dress of Jensen's from last year was too cute not to re-purpose for her to use again this year..
 So with one cut just below the armpits at the sleeves, I was left with the tiered bottom half of the dress. I serged the top edge then folded it over to make a casing for the elastic, stitched it, threaded the elastic through, stitched it closed and I was done.

The entire project took about 15 minutes start to finish, and that included a good pressing. So now I have a cute little skirt for my little Jensen, perfect for the Fall and Winter months ahead and ready to be paired with some cute tights, boots and a funky cardigan.

No comments: