Monday, October 8, 2012

KCWC #1- Old Jeans to New Patchwork Skirt

So for my first project for 'Kids Clothes Week Challenge' I decided to re-purpose a pair of too-short jeans into something new for Gracen. I turned the outgrown jeans into a knee length skirt by cutting the jeans off below the knees, unpicking the inside leg seams, laying it flat and using the leftover bottom leg pieces to fill in the spaces and stitching it all back together.

 Then I added the patchwork pieces of fabric to liven it up a bit, sewing the fabric pieces even to the bottom edge of the skirt, and leaving it bottom edge unfinished for the frayed effect (which will only get better with each wash). My cute little 7 year old recipient is in love with her new colorful denim skirt, and I am thrilled that I was able to sneak in some time at my sewing machine.
Now to decide what my next project is for KCWC...

No comments: