Wednesday, February 10, 2010

double argh

I am trying to make a quilt for a new baby boy arriving in a few weeks time, and I finally settled on a quilt pattern I liked. After reading the instructions thoroughly, or so I thought, I bought all of the yardage I needed at my local quilt shop, which of course is not cheap. Meaning everything starts at $9 a yard. So, six different flannel prints later cut to varying lengths, I get home and grab the pattern again to start in with this project, and I realize the amounts called for in the pattern are for 60" wide fabric. The fabrics I bought are 44" wide. Totally my own stupid mistake. I. Want. To. Scream. So, now I get to spend lots of time figuring out if I can still make the quilt I had planned on, just in a smaller size possibly?


  


The flannel I bought is really lovely, it's from the "Woolies" collection by Maywood, and it's the softest 100% cotton flannel, but it looks exactly like wool. So cute. I must admit though that I'm having a hard time enjoying the fabric because I'm so frustrated right now I could spit. Just not on the fabric. Argh.

No comments: