Sunday, May 6, 2007

Not So Crazy

It has been like a whirlwind of activity over here, but not crazy like I worried it might be. And that is in large part due to my Mom. She arrived the weekend before Finn was born, and has so very kindly stayed to help us this entire week. My kids are in Mammy Heaven, of course, and it has made things so much easier when trying to deal with 6 children plus a brand new little baby, so I am forever grateful to my Mom for all of her kindness and help, she really outdid herself. My Mom had to go back on Friday to help out at the clinic for a bit, so she took Noah and Haven with her, and they got to have a fun sleepover at Heidi’s house which they have not stopped talking about yet. Saturday morning I took Finley in to the Dr for a newborn check, and he weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. and his bilirubin test came back low, so he’s looking very good.
   I have been able to get some sleep, not tons, but enough so that I don’t feel like a total zombie. Finn wakes in the night to eat, but he sleeps for large chunks of time too, so I have been able to get some rest. Heidi and Gary went to Burley on Saturday for a baptism, and they stopped by here on their way home today and had dinner with us and let the kids have some fun. We had a great time visiting, and it was so fun to just sit back while the kids all played and had the time of their lives. I love these kinds of days. Craig has some training class for work he has to attend in Salt Lake this entire week, and my Mom will (very kindly) still be coming out here and helping out for this next week too, and I know I am looking forward to it maybe even more than my kids. I have really enjoyed the time I have been able to spend with her, and all of the fun we have been having. I would never have had such a wonderful and peaceful recovery if it weren’t for her. Thank you again Mom, we love having you here, you really are the funnest fun way!

No comments: