Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Finley is 2 Weeks Old

I took Finley to the Dr for his two week check up today ( I know, he’s 15 days old today, but the Dr was out yesterday), and he is looking great! He weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz at birth and was 21 1/2 inches long. When we went home from the hospital he was 6 lbs. 9 oz. and today he was 7 lbs. 10 oz.  and 22 1/2, so we know he has been busy doing some good growing. We are still trying to decide what color his hair really is. When he was born it was really red, but then it looked like it was blond. Now it seems fairly strawberry blond, but that could change too, who knows. Finn has been my mellowest baby by far, and sleeps for 7 hour streches at night, is a great little nurser, rarely spits up, and he is not a fussy baby at all. Believe me, I know how it could be, and I am really enjoying every minute of this.
   I have a port-a-crib bassinet set up by my big front window (he only gets indirect sunlight, I don’t let him tan) and Finley does his napping in there during the day, and sleeps at night in my room in his co-sleeper (how did I live w/o one before, I love the co-sleeper!). I had read an article a while back about newborn babies mixing up their days and nights, which Finn was, and it said to have as much natural light in your house during the day, and in the evenings to keep it as dim and quiet as possible. Apparently the chemicals in the brain respond to the light, and it helps the baby get on a good sleeping and waking schedule and helps in un-mixing their days and nights too. I have to say it has worked like a charm for us, and Finn was doing his big sleeping at night in no time. Finley is the sweetest little baby, and he is definitely the main favorite around here these days. All of the kids love holding him, kissing him, and talking to him all of the time. I feel great, and I am just enjoying every minute with my kids as I can.

No comments: