Friday, May 19, 2006

Seventeen Years Ago Today...

It was seventeen years ago today that my horse Dusty died and I’m amazed that much time has really passed. I was 17 years old, a junior in High School and I loved that horse more than anything. It was such an awful and unexpected loss, but I am grateful for the truly happy memories of the fun I had riding him and the many hours I got to spend with him. I especially remember the Black & White Days horse show we rode in the day before he died where we won the all-around champion ribbon, even beating my riding instructors daughter. It was so much fun and Dusty was at his absolute best, looking so elegant and easily responding to each request I made in the ring. That day definitely ended on a high note with our win and I look back on it with such happiness that I was given the opportunity to compete with him at least once.

No comments: