Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Every Which Way But Walking

Gracen is 14 months old and she refuses to walk. She can pull herself up to standing just about anywhere, balance without holding on to anything, and will walk all over the place if you’re holding her hands. But it seems to be too much hassle for her to actually propel herself on her own two legs when all she has to do is make a fuss and one of her siblings or parents is suckered right into picking her little highness up! I know, I know, I’m a very bad parent. We’re trying some “tough love” to convince her that we’re not her own personal transportation service but so far she isn’t buying any of it! So for now she is content to crawl, roll, cruise, and somersault her way around the house. I think she lacks the motivation so I have to figure out a way to get her going. You’d think by baby number six I’d be a pro, but I do know that all of my babies have done things in their own time and they all learn to walk when their ready. It’s not like they’re going to be crawling in High School or that I’m carrying them to each class, but still, any suggestions because I’m all ears:)

No comments: