Wednesday, October 4, 2006

I Graduated With Honors From The Warner Bros. Academy Of Music Appreciation

After reading Holly’s post it reminded me of a similar experience I had with this same cartoon. I was 20 weeks pregnant with Ciel and was at the Hospital getting an Ultrasound done to see if I was having a boy or a girl. My mother-in-law Lesa was there with me so it was just me, Lesa, and the cranky radiologist in the small room. I was laying there on the table, feeling fairly uncomfortable with my extra full bladder and watching the screen as the technician went through all of the measurements first before getting to the baby’s gender. All of a sudden I realized the music being piped into the room was very familiar, and it only takes me a few seconds to realize it’s “Ride of the Valkyries” from the Bugs Bunny cartoon “What’s Opera Doc?”. So of course all I’m thinking is “Oh Bwoom Hiw-duh, youw so wuv-wee” and I start to laugh.
When both Lesa and the technician looked at me wondering what’s wrong with me I tell them “It’s the music from that one Bugs Bunny cartoon, you know the one with the “spear and magic helmet” and the “kill the wabbit” and stuff”. They looked at me like I was completely insane, and BOTH of them said, no, they had no idea what I was talking about. I quoted a few more lines from the episode to no avail and only drew even more quizzical stares from them. So, completely embarrassed, I shut-up, and laid back down on the table for the rest of the Ultrasound, found out I was having a girl, and then as soon as I could, I got out of that humorless room.

No comments: